China Go West Go Wild Journey
China, a country renowned worldwide for being an economic superpower and famous high rise skyscrapers. Whilst all of this can be interesting to see, there’s more to China than the high rise business cities and urban landmarks portrayed in the media.
Away from the hustle and bustle is the impressive southwestern province of China, Sichuan. Its rural area is home to unspoilt wild landscapes that stretch for miles. The perfect place to go for an adventure and to experience the traditional side of China. Sichuan used to be part of the Tibetan plateau. Hence why its home to a lot of Tibetans and has a strong Tibetan influence. The former Tibetan part of Sichuan is picturesque filled with tranquil farmlands, mountains, nature and fresh clean air.
Do you like the mountains? This area is home to some magnificent mountains, in particular, Mt Siguniang. This sacred mountain has been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage site and features breathtaking scenery.
According to Britannica, Sichuan has one of the most varied population ranges in China. Sichuan is home to many ethnic groups such as the Han, Tuja, Tibetans, Hui and Qiang. On this journey, you will travel through quaint traditional villages and learn about the traditions from the locals making up these different communities.
Moreover, did you know that Sichuan has around 30% of the world’s most endangered pandas? UNESCO mention that Sichuan has seven nature reserves housing these beautiful creatures. A particularly famous one is the panda reservation centre in Wolong who strive to conserve the giant panda.
The southwestern part of China is a phenomenal place to adventure. Here at Ethical Travel Portal, we take you to all of the above places and more on this journey. You will dive deep into the western Chinese communities learning about their culture, places and nearby nature.
- Visit the Giant Buddha sculpture
- Wolong Panda Nature Reserve Centre
- Walk along the Changping Gully
- Hike and meet local minorities
- Witness breathtaking panoramic views of Mt. Siguniang Mt. Pomiu & Mt. Luotuofeng (if weather permits).
- Visit a Tibetan village, monastery and temple
- Learn Tai Ji
Interested? Enquire with us today. Want to know more? Click on the trip plan above for further information!
IncludedChina Go West Go Wild Journey
Not IncludedLocal GuideTransportationDinnerLunchBed & Breakfast
Day 1: Welcome to Chengdu!
- Group dinner
- Airport pickup
- Bus to Leshan
Day 2: Visit the Giant Buddha
- Visit to the giant buddha
- Bus to Wolong
Day 3: Meet Panda’s
- Visit to Wolong Panda Nature Reserve Centre
- Bus to Mt Siguiang
Day 4: See the Sights by Hike
- Visit Lamasi
Day 5: Zhonglu Tibetan Village
- Lesson on writing Chinese and Tibetan characters
Day 6: Full day of activities in Zhonglu
- Tai Ji lesson
- Hike to Shalake monastery
- Introduction session to the Yunhe Center
- Lunch group cooking
Day 7: Trek to white stupa garden
- Short trek to the cave
- Handicraft workshops
- Printing prayer flags
- Local bus journey
- Trek to White stupa garden
- Traditional holy mountain ceremony
- Optional activity of your choice
Day 8: Depart for Chengdu
- Bus to Chengdu
- Sichuan dinner
Day 9: Free day in Chengdu
- At your request, we can arrange for you to explore Chengdu by bike. This is a great way to see the city in the morning. You will get to whizz through the backstreets at a leisurely pace. On this tour, you will sample scrumptious local cuisine and get unique insider knowledge from a Chengdu local.
- If you’re a foodie perhaps try home cooking. Did you know Chengdu was only the second city in the world to achieve a UNESCO City of Gastronomy designation for Sichuan cooking? On this tour, you will meet a local family visiting a local market shopping for ingredients and make a traditional meal.
Day 10: Say goodbye to China
- Shuttle bus to the airport
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.