Explore the unspoilt ecosystems and culture of La Gomera
Discover the Gomerian Whistle, learn how to make goats cheese, uncover the secret uses of the Canarian palm tree and appreciate the local lifestyle. Swim and kayak on the stunning shoreline while visiting the different ecosystems La Gomera is famous for.
The UNESCO listed Garajonay National Park, holds special walking trails inside unusual forests which nowadays are rare to find in Southern Europe and Africa. Its flowing water streams are the best-preserved in the Canary Islands. Within this area, you can also uncover 8 out of 34 plant species native to La Gomera.
Fruitful wisdom sits inside the mind of many islanders, knowing traditional archaic techniques on the production of palm honey. La Gomera is the only destination in the world where palm honey is extracted from Canarian palm trees. Unearth this ancient skill that has been sourced from the Canarian tree which dates back to the first century.
Another highlight is its diverse wildlife scattered on and close to the island. Look out for the 50 different forms of nesting bird species. Between La Gomera and its neighbour, Tenerife there are five different types of cetaceans that live all year round in the waters. To make sure you get this opportunity to spot them, you will embark on a responsible whale and dolphin watching boat journey. We will also Kayak on these waters allowing us to bird watch over the cliffs.
To conclude your journey witness rural entrepreneurs and artisans making precious pottery and discover how goat cheese is produced. Finally, learn the culture of local shepherds and their indigenous language, La Gomerian whistle.
- Visit different ecosystems in Garajonay National Park
- Dine at Casa Efigenia the only traditional vegetarian restaurant on the island
- Journey to the exhibition centre of palm honey in Alojera
- Taste and see different uses of the La Gomera Canarian palm tree
- Responsible whale and dolphin watching boat journey
- Visit aborigine places around El Cercado village
- Traditional pottery workshop with local artisans
- Learn the pottery process at the exhibition centre of Las Loceras
- Kayak and swim on the shores of La Gomera
- Uncover how to make local goats cheese
- Learn about the shepherd culture of La Gomera
Interested? Enquire with us today. Want to know more? Click on the trip plan above for further information!
IncludedExplore the unspoilt ecosystems and culture of La GomeraLocal GuideTransportationDinnerLunchBed & Breakfast
Day 1: Welcome to the Canaries!
- Ferry Transfer
Day 2: Meander in Garajonay National Park
- Meeting with guide and briefing session
- Garajonay experience
- Lunch at vegetarian restaurant
Day 3: Uncover the magic of La Gomerian Palm Honey
- Trip to Alojera
- Visit the exhibition centre of palm honey
Day 4: Whale and dolphin watching on the Atlantic Ocean
- Whale watching and dolphin boat excursion
- Lunch on boat
Day 5: Learn from the locals
- Visit Las Loceras exhibition centre
- Pottery making workshop
Day 6: Sea Kayaking and Bird watching
- Sea Kayaking tour
Day 7: Learn about the Shepherd Culture
- Visit to a local goat cheese factory
- Learn about Sheperd culture
Day 8: Say Goodbyes
- Transfer to ferry port
- Ferry to Tenerife
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.